Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Word From the Herd: Team Building Ya'll!

Alright ya’ll, can I get a big yee-haw for MMGY Global?! 
After all, they deserve it!  They were such a GREAT group to kick off our team-building season!

The Best Dressed Team - Just to give you an idea of the fun that's in store!

For me, there were a few of things that made this particular group really extra special.

1.  Kim Helwig was here!  We went to LSHS together.  She graduated one year behind me (so of course I made her sign my 93/94 yearbooks!).  It was tons of fun watching her and her co-workers go through our old yearbook checking out just what she was like back in high school.  What is even cooler than that?  Kim then went on to become my Gamma Phi Beta pledge daughter at Mizzou, cirque 1995/96!  She hasn't changed a bit and still knows how to work hard and play hard!  I guess I taught her well :)

2.  There was also another very special guest at the party, our very long lost cousin Seth Faulkner!  Well, there wasn’t actually any real relation, but he was just as fun and friendly as all our other cousins and he fit right in!

3.  I have always had a crush on this company.  It goes way back to when I was wondering what to do with my life.  If I hadn’t ended up at the ranch, I would have loved to have worked in a company like MMGY Global.  Coming up with creative ideas for people would be right up my ally! I love all of the personalities in think tank type companies and this company’s creative ideas for the event were flowing way before they even arrived at Faulkner’s Ranch.  

Speaking of those creative ideas...
The thought and extra mile that the committee put into planning their outing to Faulkner’s Ranch showed!  

1.  They arrived on school buses!  You know I LOVE a company that transports their people to and from the party!  It's such a nice touch.  The planners don't have to worry about giving directions or parking  and the attendees get to sit back and enjoy the ride.  Providing transportation unifies the group right off the bat in turn setting the tone for the event.  

2.  They divided into teams before they arrived.  For our team-building events, we can do it either way.  However, by pre-dividing into teams before their arrive it allowed them time to get into spirit and costume!  I for one loved the signs they were able to print in house and bring for each team.  Such a fun idea!
Can you guess what team this was?
3.  The prizes were worth competing for!!!!  These planners secured gift cards from vendors and clients to places like Amazon, Standard Style Boutique, Anthropology, and Southwest Airlines in amounts ranging from $150 - $500.  First place was well worth milking the cow and dressing the goat - one COMP day!  A paid day off?  Earned by being silly and bonding with my co-workers on a beautiful afternoon at the Ranch?  Not a bad day at the office!  

I had such a blast with MMGY Global!  Can't wait to party with them again!
Gearing up to have some fun!
Mmmmm!

Goat dressing brings everyone together!
Nothing like some cow patty golf! 
The horse collar relay is a good way to get to know your fellow employees!
Fun in the sun with some sand volleyball!
A cow on a horse.  That's new!
Nothing like a game that makes everyone look awkward!
Cow milking requires some serious teamwork!

That’s the Word From the Herd!

~ Christine


Are you interested in having your team building event at Faulkner's Ranch?  Just give us a call at (816) 761-5055 or visit our website for more info!  We'd love to tell you all about how we can bring your office together for a rip-roarin' good time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share With Your Friends!