Are you looking for the perfect treat for a fall party?
Check out these ADORABLE Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats, complete with a Tootsie Roll stem!
- 1 package (10.5 oz.) of miniature marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Red and yellow food coloring (or orange if you can find it!)
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- Wax paper
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 3 Small Tootsie Rolls cut in half
- Black decorating gel
How to Make Pumpkin Shaped Rice Krispie Treats:
1. Melt marshmallows, butter and salt in a saucepan. Don’t forget to stir often!
2. Remove pan from heat and add a few drops of red and yellow food coloring to turn mixture orange. Keep adding food coloring until you’ve achieved your desired color.
3. Now stir in those Rice Krispies!
4. Scoop the orange mixture onto six separate pieces of wax paper.
5. Wrap the wax paper around the mixture and shape it into six pumpkins (if you want, you can put butter on your hands to make it easier - isn’t messy cooking fun?)
6. Insert a popsicle stick into each pumpkin. They will look something like this:
7. Let those little guys cool for about 30 minutes and then remove the wax paper.
8. Press a Tootsie Roll half into each pumpkin to create the stem. And TADA! You have Rice Krispie Pumpkins!
(PS - If you’d like, you can also decorate the pumpkins with black decorating gel to make Jack-O-Lantern faces.)
Do you have any fall party plans? What special treats are you making? We'd love to know! Send your recipes here!