Just because Pumpkin Season is officially over at Faulkner's Ranch doesn't mean that you have to stop those pumpkin cravings!
Hence today's Sunday Breakfast...
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes from Pennies On a Platter.
Grab a cup of pumpkin spice latte and enjoy!
BAKED PUMPKIN SPICE DONUT HOLES
For the Donuts:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoons ground cloves
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)*
1/2 cup low-fat milk
For the Coating:
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
*Or make your own pumpkin puree! We still have pie pumpkins for sale at the ranch - buy one, get one half off!
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. In a separate large bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
2. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, about 1 tablespoon in each cup. (You will have batter left over for about another dozen.)
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until passes the toothpick test.
4. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes, or until just cool enough to handle. With the melted butter in one bowl and the sugar and cinnamon combined in another, dip each muffin into the butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
* You can also also dump the sugar/cinnamon mix and around a dozen butter-coated donut holes into a gallon sized ziplock back and shake it like a polaroid picture to get the job done.
Yields: 40 Donut Holes
So there you have it! A delicious fall breakfast to enjoy!
Stay tuned because we have a lot in store for you this month. Everything from delicious Thanksgiving recipes, to fall decor, to some exciting Word from the Herds, and more!
Have a great day ya'll!