You might have noticed when browsing through our blogs that a lot of our recipes call for Pumpkin Puree.
While you can purchase this at your local grocery store, you can also make your own homemade version just as easy
(and you can save a few bucks by doing so)!
Just follow this super simple recipe from
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PUREE
1 small pie pumpkin
1. Cut the pie pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds
(Don't throw them away though! Save them because we've got some yummy pumpkin seed recipes coming up.)
2. Place the pumpkin in a shallow baking dish, open side facing down, with about a 1/2 inch of water.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, until soft.
4. Remove the skin and puree. Use a food processor, blender, or do it by hand with a stick blender/potato masher.
5. Use as you would canned pumpkin in any recipe that calls for it.
*yields approximately one cup of puree for each pound of pumpkin.
Need some pie pumpkins? Stop on by the Pumpkin Farm and pick some up while supplies last! We'll make sure you have just what you need to get cookin'!
Have a great day ya'll!